2014. augusztus 1., péntek

So I just lost another client...


Well I am completely buggered now. I just shelled out a ton of cash on new equipment, signed a contract for a new office which has a pretty heavy penalty for breach and offered someone a job.


Sounds great, except I have just lost a major client with absolutely no notice. Without that money, I cant afford any of what I have just committed myself too.


It was a longstanding SEO contract for one of my first clients, everything was going great and they had given no indication that anything was wrong. I had taken them from a Google blacklisting to the top of page 1 for their keywords and actively maintained their server and other internal networks. Half of my overall income comes from this one client.


I was so confident that everything was fine that I took down my own website several months ago as I was getting too much work, hence taking the office and a new member of staff to help out. It took a couple of months sorting through the dross of applications before I found the right guy which is why I only signed the office contract last week.


I used to look for work on the main freelancer sites when people were not coming directly to me through my website, but in my many years of experience, 9 out of 10 bid submissions are turned down in favour of cheap devs from India. There is no way I can compete against their prices. Also, I dont even have the money to buy extra bid credits to help me secure a winning bid (just a statement, I am NOT fishing for money in any way, thats not the way I do things) meaning on each freelancer site, I can make a maximum of 15 free bids per month, usually less.


I am fucked. Does any one have any advice on where to go from here?


Ian


ps, deliberately not put any links as I dont want this post removed for breaching Rule 3 (no promotion etc)






Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése